There’s nothing better than throwing a few ingredients into the slow-cooker and then coming home after a long day to a delicious, home-cooked meal.
That, my friends, is what I am giving you today! This French dip sandwich recipe only requires a few ingredients, quickly thrown together, and then somehow it all turns into a delicious meal. It’s like magic. While you are at work, at school, or running errands, the slow-cooker is cooking both the meat and the au jus to perfection. While your friends and family are putting the meat into the rolls and dipping them in the au jus, you get to listen to them tell you how wonderful you are. Does life get any better?!
This recipe is so easy and yet it is perfect for company or special occasions. The roast becomes tender and delicious. The dipping sauce, or au jus, is packed with flavor. Even my pickiest eater loves this combination of texture and seasoning.
All you need is a roast, some hoagie rolls, and then 4 other simple ingredients: beef broth, water, a packet of Ranch dip mix, and a packet of dry Italian salad dressing mix. That’s it! You don’t even need to stir it! Seriously, I love the simple life.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of beef broth (you can also use chicken or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 (1 ounce) packet of Ranch Dip mix
- 1 (.7 ounce) packet of dry Italian Salad Dressing
- Roast (2-3 pounds)
- Hoagie Rolls (Or any crusty roll works well, you just want a roll that soaks up all the great au jus!)
- Add the packets of Ranch Dip mix, and dry Italian Salad Dressing.
- Lay roast on top of the liquid mixture (you don't even need to stir!)
- Put on the slow-cooker lid. Cook on high for 4-6 hours, depending on the size of the roast. The roast should fall apart with a fork; if it doesn't, continue to cook it.
- When roast is done, take it out of the crock pot and shred it on a plate. Put some of the roast onto each hoagie roll.
- Pour the sauce from the crockpot into individual bowls or ramekins for dipping.
- Dip the rolls filled with the roast into the sauce (au jus) and ENJOY!