These peanut butter cup cookies are our new favorites! I will always love my favorite chocolate chip cookies, but these peanut butter cup cookies are a game-changer.
If you enjoy the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, you need to try this recipe! It’s truly cookie perfection.
These cookies have been a huge hit with anyone we are willing to share them with. And it’s totally understandable because these cookies have all the best things in life: peanut butter cups and peanut butter and chocolate chips. Need we say more?
We love using mini peanut butter cups for this recipe. But you can also use regular size peanut butter cups and chop them up. The main thing is that you want 2 cups of chopped (or mini) peanut butter cups.
After the dough is combined, I love putting in the mini peanut butter cups and chocolate chips. It makes my heart happy to see that peanut butter and chocolate goodness!
The dough comes together in a snap, and then you will just use your favorite cookie scoop and get all that delicious goodness ready to go in the oven. It bakes for about 10 minutes and you just let it cool for a few minutes before you taste the heavenly goodness.
Now I will give you a friendly warning. Once you start making these cookies, you will get requests for them all. the. time. You may be invited to events and activities just so you can bring these cookies. It’s a sacrifice you have to be willing to make. 😉
My mom has been baking these cookies regularly since she moved in with us last spring. We have cut the butter in half from the original recipe and you don’t even miss it because of all the peanut butter. We like to think this is a “lower-fat” version of these beloved cookies, haha!! I know, who are we kidding, but a girl’s gotta dream, right?
I hope you get a chance to make these cookies soon! You won’t regret it. 🙂
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter (not low-fat peanut butter)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 - 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini peanut butter cups or chopped peanut butter cups
- Note: if using regular size peanut butter cups, you will need about six 1.6 ounce packages to get 2 cups
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until everything is combined.
- Gently stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and mini peanut butter cups (or chopped peanut butter cups).
- Using a medium cookie scoop, or two tablespoons, place spoonfuls of cookie dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let cool and then ENJOY!
Recipe Source: Adapted from this recipe from Taste of Home.
Before you go, check out these other great recipes:
And don’t forget to pin the image below to save for later! ♥ Thank you!