If you are looking for a delicious and totally easy dessert, I hope you will try this Poppy Seed Bundt Cake!
It is incredibly easy to make and everyone loves it. And what’s not to love? It’s sweet, moist, pretty, and best of all, it comes together in a snap!
One of my favorite things about this cake is the hint of orange flavoring from the orange juice in both the cake and the glaze, and the beautiful citrus-y color of the cake.
I just love pretty food!
The cake comes together so quickly since its base is a yellow cake mix and vanilla pudding. Sour cream adds some moisture and density to the cake. And the poppy seeds make this cake awesome!
Then right as the cake comes out of the oven, an orange and butter glaze is poured over the top. The syrup soaks into the hot cake adding extra flavor and sweetness.
If you are looking for color, texture, and simplicity is a cake, won’t you please try this cake? I bet you will love it like we do!
This cake is so fantastic for picnics, barbecues, and Sunday dessert.
But it’s also perfect for a mid-week treat. Our family has certainly never had problems with leftovers either. 🙂
I hope you enjoy this Poppy Seed Bundt Cake as much as we do!
If you get a chance to make it, leave me a comment or snap a picture on Instagram and tag me!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.5 oz) box of vanilla instant pudding
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, poppy seeds, and salt. Add the orange juice, vegetable oil, and sour cream and mix. Add eggs and mix well. Grease and flour bundt pan. Pour cake mixture into the bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- When cake is about 10 minutes from being done, start on the glaze.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine, sugar, water, butter, vanilla, and orange juice.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, and let it boil for 3 minutes, stirring to prevent burning.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, pour the syrup over the cake. Let the cake sit for about 10 minutes so the syrup can soak in.
- Turn the cake out onto a cake plate.
You may also like these other great recipes:
Don’t forget to pin the image below to save for later! ♥ Thank you!