We can’t get enough of these pumpkin spice bars! The texture is soft and beautiful. The spice flavor is perfect. You can taste the wonderful combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, without the spices being overpowering. It’s a heavenly blend of all things comforting and delicious.
And let’s talk about this cream cheese frosting. It’s so good that my neighbor told me that I could put this frosting on the bottom of a shoe and she would eat it. That’s a telling statement. Somethings in life are too delicious to pass up, and this frosting is one of them! It’s simple and easy, but always a winner.
These pumpkin bars fill a baking sheet pan, so it makes enough to feed all seven people in my crazy house. It’s also perfect for parties, and all the holiday get-togethers. I get a lot of bang with very little effort with these babies! You should make some today; you won’t regret it. Promise.
- Pumpkin Spice Bars:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container of cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 Tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil. Add the pumpkin puree and stir until well combined.
- Add the salt, vanilla extract, nutmeg, allspice, ground ginger, and ground cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the baking powder and flour to the mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour the pumpkin batter into the greased jelly roll pan or large baking sheet, and spread it evenly over the pan.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bars cool in the pan.
- While the bars are cooling, make the cream cheese frosting. In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and cream cheese using a hand mixer. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, water, and salt. Mix until everything is combined really well.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting over the cooled pumpkin spice bars. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe Source: adapted from a recipe given to me by my dear friend, Anne.
Check out these other great recipes:
Don’t forget to pin the image below to save for later!